|Inspection Dates||10-11 January 2013|
|Previous Inspection||Not previously inspected|
|Achievement of pupils||Good||2|
|Quality of teaching||Good||2|
|Behaviour and safety of pupils||Outstanding||1|
|Leadership and management||Outstanding||1|
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
This is a good school.
- Pupils learn well and make good overall progress in English. In mathematics, a high proportion of pupils make better than expected progress and progress is outstanding.
- Achievement is rising rapidily. An above average proportion of pupils attain the expected Level 4 in English. In mathematics many more pupils than average attain the higher Level 5.
- Disabled pupils, those with special educational needs and those entitled to support under the pupil premium make outstanding progress. Their attainment is above that of all pupils nationally.
- The innovative and inspiring curriculum makes learning relevant and exciting for pupils.
- A large majority of teaching and learning is good with some that is outstanding. Teaching is improving rapidly because realistic but challenging targets are set for teachers.
- Behaviour and safety over time are outstanding. Pupils are polite and courteous and have a very strong understanding of how to stay safe. The school is a harmonious community.
- Leadership and management, including governance, are outstanding. The school has very secure systems for analysing its own strengths and weaknesses. The information gained is used very effectively in the school development plan. As a result, sustained and rapid improvement has taken place and is continuing as the school focuses on the next priorities.
It is not yet an outstanding school because
- Achievement in English, although good overall, is not as high as in mathematics
- Less able and more-able pupils achieve well in writing, but too few pupils of average ability make better than expected progress.
- Although teachers mark work thoroughly and make helpful comments on how pupils can improve their work, too few pupils respond to these comments.